The Afterimage Gallery Photography Quiz
Welcome to our photography quiz (with a bit of a historical slant). We hope you find it fun, interesting and even didactic. You need Java running in your web browser for the quiz to work best. When you click on a camera icon, you will see a flash go off and hear from James Brown with right answers, or else have Goofy laughing at you for any wrong answers. Most of the answers are linked to a handy glossary page. If you don't have java, the answers are at the bottom of each page.
Java may not work well with older browsers!
If you would like to use this quiz yourself for a class or whatever, feel free to do so, and please credit it to Afterimage Gallery at www.afterimagegallery.com.
1. Who below was the first person to successfully "fix" a photographic image, thus becoming the father of photography?
2. The first photograph ever made by the above gentleman is in the collection of
3. A curator of photography at the Museum of Modern Art was
4. Who below did not help popularize the nude in photography?
5. Which name is the most difficult to pronounce?
6. Really famous people just need one name; which one below is the photographer?
7. If Alfred Stieglitz didn’t think you were worthy enough to own a print from his gallery, he would
|A. call 911|
|B. not sell it to you|
|C. have you taken out the back door|
|D. sic Georgia on you|
8. Who below was the first to make aerial photographs?
9. What group did Alfred Steiglitz found?
10. Which painter below used photography?
11. Name a famous photographer's model.
12. In attempting to produce the ultimate in photographic quality, the F 64 Group was famous for its members'
|A. opening their lenses up to f 64|
|B. stopping their lenses down to f 64|
|C. always using tripods|
|D. never photographing things that move|
13. Which of these other single-name people is associated with fine-art photography?
Answers: 1 - C, 2 - D, 3 - C. 4 - D, 5 - D, 6 - C, 7 - B, 8 - C, 9 - B, 10 - C, 11 - B, 12 - B, 13 - B
CONTINUED ON NEXT PAGE.
RETURN TO CONTENTS PAGE